Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Update 1


These last few weeks have been really slow. First of all this is my busiest season of work where I do about 75 percent of my job in a quick 3 month period. This requires extensive travel so I haven't been home much at all. Secondly, Aubrey had been begging me to make her a tree house so I finally got that started. I knew that it would be getting cold soon and I wanted the kids to be able to enjoy it while they could this year already. So that took a long time. Aubrey was such an amazing helper! She stayed out there with me every day from start to finish. I think though out the whole project she only left my side for a total of two hours. I'm excited for the memories that will be made in their new playhouse.













So after finally getting that project mostly done. (It still needs a few things.) I finally got out to the garage for a little while. However, as soon as I started working I had two littles next to my side going through my stuff. Well what Dad wouldn't take advantage of a good opportunity to teach his kids how to stare directly at the sun? 




Finally after they got bored and their necks hurt they went inside. I got in about 3 hours of work. 
I finished taking off all the old on the wrecked car. That part wasn't too difficult. I did have to make a choice about the core support though. It was pretty bent up and the core support is what lines up the whole front end to make sure it all comes together when the hood is closed. So I cut out the old one and took it from the other vehicle. Now the entire front end is missing. It really shows a good shot of the engine. That is my favorite part about the Subaru vehicles. That beautiful boxer engine. Mmm

I cut out the core support from the donor vehicle and needed a welder to put it in the rebuild car. So that delayed me again. It was nice to get out though and make some progress. I also had to order a new radiator. One vehicle is a manual transmission and the other is an automatic. So one of the factory radiators has a built in transmission cooler and the other doesn't. So that's where I am until next week at least.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I love you and all the awesome work you do around here!

    ReplyDelete