Monday, January 4, 2016

Update 5

I pulled the engine out. I took the whole assembly as one piece and will take the individual parts off later. I lowered the engine down from underneath with jacks but I still needed it get it out from the engine bay. So after thinking about it for a while I finally found the answer.....  

 Just lift up the car. I had my wife pull it out while I lifted it up. I was really impressed with myself and thought that she would be wooed. She wasn't though, claiming that the car is just an empty shell. The kids thought that I was super man though.
Engine taken out.

Fuel tank and evaporative canister. 

Bare naked underneath. Just the way I like it.

Had my little helper with me. She was proud that she got as dirty as Daddy.


I got the donor done and pushed it back into the driveway. That was a pretty fun experience because it had no wheels or anyway to roll. I put it on a few jacks and got it out of my garage most of the way. Then I just hooked it up to the Escalade and pulled it across the gravel. I took all the valuable parts off of it and posted an add on Facebook for a free junk vehicle. I had about 12 people that said they wanted it and the next day it was gone. 
Ok so maybe the shell didn't weigh that much.


No comments:

Post a Comment