Saturday, February 26, 2011

At work the other day I got a call from Kennedy Engineering saying the engine adapter was shipping out. That meant that it was time to get to work. Thursday and Friday happened to be kinda slow so it was a good time to work on taking the motor out of the Toyota.
These are a few pictures of the motor coming out. It was overall really easy. I took the entire wiring harness out with the motor. I didn't even disconnect anything so that it could just stay hooked up.


Ok so it wasn't really that easy. We did have one hang up, literally the motor wasn't coming out and I couldn't figure out why. It turned out that I had a motor mount still connected after I took that off it came out easy. As you can see I took the whole transmission and engine out together. It was a lot easier that way also.


Empty. No wires or cables or anything.

This is just the motor after taking off the transmission. It still has all the wires.

Just the motor on the engine stand.

Backside of the motor.

After that I had to take all the wiring harness out of the inside of the car. I did this so that I could use the engine control module and the turn signals and everything else.

This didn't end up being too bad of a project either because nothing had to go back to the way it was. So a quick saw to the dashboard made it fast. So everything went from the front seat to the back seat. And yes, that is a drinking fountain. It came with the car. We joke that I bought a drinking fountain for $200 and got the car for free.

I think I made a mistake. The wiring harness was complete when I took it out of the car. But then I got thinking that I didn't need a lot of it. Things like air bags and seat belt warning lights and heater controls. So I opened it up and started to take out what I didn't need. It turned into a big mess quick. Wires everywhere! And to make things worse, it was time to go home on a Friday! I hope I can sort all this out after a weekend away from it. Only time will tell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment