Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A little bit closer!!!


I finally found the pictures of when we picked up the project. It was a lot of fun.

 As you can see Aubrey loved the idea also!
 We were literally on the shore of lake Erie. The most north in the us that you could get (sorta)

 I have been ordering a lot of the parts for the project online. So whenever I see the UPS man I feel like it's Santa Claus getting out of his sleigh and making me sign for my presents.
 This is a quick picture of the engine in Toyota. It will soon be mounted to the back of the VW.
 Another shop of the power plant.

This was the most recent delivery. This is an aluminum racing radiator with a red cooling fan. Still thinking about the mounting location...
 This is on of the old tires from the VW. I would like to use it but they are not a radial tire. Translated that means the tire is really really old!! I pulled a date from the inside of the tire and it was made in the 17th week of 1967! I can't believe it is in as good of shape as it is. I am shining it up and I'm going to mount all 4 of them on my wall at the shop.

Stay tuned! Things are really picking up now. I'll be taking the motor out soon and installing new pans next.

No comments:

Post a Comment